READY FOR PRODUCTION WITHIN
The South American metropolis of Rio de Janeiro is expanding its public transport capacity. In addition to the two existing metro lines with a total length of about 41 kilometers, the new »Linha 4« along the Atlantic coast is being built to create an efficient connection between Barra da Tijuca to the west and the suburb of Ipanema.
The single-tube, twin-track subway tunnel runs through extraordinarily difficult geology. Lining segments with an outer diameter of 11,130 millimeters and a width of 1,800 millimeters secure the tunnel bored by a Herrenknecht Multi-Mode TBM.
Scope of supply
- 5 sets of segment moulds incl. compressed air vibration
- Carousel system with three curing lines and one working line
- Concreting station with automatic mould cover with cleaning position
- Concrete supply system with transport and discharge hopper with longitudinal and lateral displacement
- Curing tunnel
- Reinforcement supply
- 2 vacuum lifters extrados
- 1-segment clamp with 90° rotation
- Four 4-segment-clamps
- Semi-automatic evacuation line with 5 positions (incl. gasket gluing frame)
- 10 rigs for reinforcement
- Other additional equipment such as test ring, 3D measuring, steel dummy segments for erector tests etc.
Just in time
The challenging schedule of the project required extremely short delivery times for the segment production. Due to high production capacities, Herrenknecht Formwork could support the customer in order to comply with the time schedule. Within ten weeks only and after record-breaking times for planning and assembly, the specialists of Herrenknecht Formwork made sure that the carousel plant was ready for production within 10 weeks only. During the whole production period, an availability of the plant of 96% had been achieved.